CAMRA "LocAle" is an initiative that promotes pubs and other establishments stocking LOCALLY brewed real ale.
For a map and list of East Hampshire Branch's "Locale" pubs see bottom of this page.
(CAMRA's definition of local is that the distance from brewery to pub or other real ale establishment is 30 miles - this distance is usually based on shortest driving distance - and with an NBSS score of at least 3 with a reasonable number of scores over the year.)
The CAMRA LocAle scheme was created in 2007 by CAMRA's Nottingham branch which wanted to help support the tradition of brewing within Nottinghamshire, following the demise of local brewer Hardys and Handsons.
Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally-brewed real ale...
- Public houses as stocking local real ales can increase pub visits
- Consumers who enjoy greater beer choice and diversity
- Local brewers who gain from increased sales
- The local economy because more money is spent and retained locally
- The environment due to fewer 'beer miles' resulting in less road congestion and pollution
- Tourism due to an increased sense of local identity and pride - let's celebrate what makes our locality different.
The scheme builds on a growing consumer demand for quality local produce and an increased awareness of 'green' issues.
Stocking a local beer can enable you to differentiate yourself from other local pubs, thereby gaining you new customers and increasing your beer sales.
Stocking locally brewed real ale will also give you business the edge over supermarkets and off licenses selling low-cost mass-market lagers.
We understand that some licensees are prevented, by their lease or tenancy agreement, from stocking and serving locally brewed beer.
We encourage these licensees to talk to their Business Relations Manager or Area Manager to see whether a special arrangement can be made to enable them to sell one locally brewed real ale.
Establishments selling locally produced real ale will be given 'LocAle' status and will be able to display official stickers on their windows/doors.
Posters are also available and hand pumps that are serving locally brewed real ales can have official pump clip crowners.
Joining the CAMRA LocAle initiative is Free and accreditation is easy, so, simply contact us to find out more.
Further information can be obtained from CAMRA's website - see link on left.
CAMRA East Hampshire pubs so far accredited for 'LocAle' are shown below.
Use of this map is similar to Google maps in that you can...
1) Zoom in and out using the + and - buttons on the bottom right.
2) Use the "hand" to drag the map around.
3) Hover over a "teardrop" to display the pub name.
4) Click on a "teardrop" to display "WhatPub" information about the pub.
5) Drag the little yellow man at bottom right to the area you are interested in to see Street View.
To exit back to main display, click on the <- at top left of the Street View.
[Below the map is a full (clickable) list of all our "Locale" pubs with addresses.]
- Star Inn Main Road Bentley GU10 5LW
- Sun Bentworth GU34 5JT
- Four Marks
- Offf the Rails Unit 3, Magpie Works, Station Approach Four Marks GU34 5HN
- Queen's Head 20, London Road Holybourne GU34 4EG
- Royal Oak Lasham GU34 5SJ
- Royal Exchange 1 Liphook Road Lindford GU35 0PG
- Lower Farringdon
- Golden Pheasant Gosport Road Lower Farringdon GU34 3DJ
- Selborne Arms High Street Selborne GU34 3JR
- Upper Farringdon
- Rose & Crown Crows Lane Upper Farringdon GU34 3ED