** Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website **
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
1 January: "Branch Diary" - this year's events.
22 December: "Chairman's Corner" - Sharing NBSS scores with Licensees.
15 December: "Worts and Ale revisited" - latest copy.
27 September: "Local News" - East Hampshire pubs in 2018 GBG.
2 May: "Members' Area" - "Request from our Chairman" for suggestions regarding AGM motions.
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
** East Hampshire PotY nominations needed **
Your "Pub of the Year" (PotY) nominations needed (East Hampshire branch) - see "Members' Area" (you'll need to log in).
New GBG App available
The new GBG App for Android phones is now available from the Google Play Store - it replaces the existing one, and the existing one will be discontinued when your current subscription ends.
You can convert at any time - your current subscription information and settings/favourites etc. will be moved across to the new version.
[Subscription costs are the same as the old version - free for basic version; £4.99 per year for the full version.]
* PLEASE score your beers *
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
** Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section **
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Golden Pot, Shalden (20p off)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
NOTE: The George, Alton has discontinued the discount due to the "rising cost of Punch beers".
NOTE: The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
Winchester pubs giving CAMRA Discount (from "Hop Press" - South Hants magazine) ...
Alfie's (10% off cask ale)
The Old Goalhouse (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The Wykeham Arms (10% off real ales 1530-1930 Sun-Thu)
The Bridge (Shawford) (10% off)
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter?
To advertise, please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 12:05 : The Exeter Festival of Winter Ales starts today at Exeter City FC. Take a peer at the beer and cider list here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday, 09:57 : RT @morningad: Tracey Crouch MP has been appointed as the Government's minister for loneliness - comment from @CAMRA_Official… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 13:35 : The @cambeerfest starts today and runs until Saturday. The festival aims to have an emphasis on the darker, riche… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday, 12:19 : CAMRA National Executive member Ian Hill and chief executive Tim Page will be explaining the proposed Revitalisatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday, 18:30 : CAMRA Books have a new discounted books section on the shop, featuring some great titles at even greater prices. Do… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…