Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter? - please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
20 January: "News" - The George, Alton forced to discontinue CAMRA discount.
31 December: "Home page" (below) - updated method to ensure your email addresses are correct / access your membership information.
20 December: "Beer Festivals" - more added.
29 November: "Worts and Ale revisited" - latest newsletter.
17 November: "Members' Area":
--- 2021 GBG Survey - volunteers required.
--- Suggestions required for our East Hampshire Area 10th anniversary celebration.
--- Pledge For Pubs.
See below for other "stop press" items, and keep an eye on "Branch Diary" for info on our next events.
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA and/or your local Branch, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://camra.org.uk/my-membership/edit/
Log in with your normal CAMRA userid/password.
Your membership details will be displayed - your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - select "Edit" and make changes as required.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The discount offered by the George HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.
The discount offered by the Swan Hotel HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.
The King's Head, Alton now CLOSED.
(You can see which pubs give discount in any area in Whatpub - look for the "luggage label" features tag.)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System (NBSS) to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 15:08 : Did you catch our exciting @GBBFWinter announcement? ❄️ @DigbethDiner have partnered with the festival to bring some of the best food traders to #GBBFW! 🍻 Read more and get your tickets here 👉winter.gbbf.org.uk/food-stalls twitter.com/DigbethDiner/s…
- Thursday, 13:08 : RT @GBBFWinter: The Great British Beer Festival Winter full beer list is now live!! 🎉 Check it out: winter.gbbf.org.uk/beers/ pic.twitter.com/AbZpmNjXJW
- Thursday, 13:45 : RT @feralfruits: @cloudwaterbrew #CloudWaterPale tasting on cask and keykeg. Volunteers running women made cider tastings and brewing ingredients walk throughs. #realale #realcider #craftbeer @gillyinthepub @CAMRA_Official pic.twitter.com/65c4XueHnd
- Wednesday, 18:23 : The late #TerryJones opened our flagship beer festival @gbbf in 1977 by pouring real ale over his head. What a legend ❤️ pic.twitter.com/mSRwpJyZA7
- Wednesday, 12:30 : .@MancBeerFest is hosting our second Discovery Zone, aimed at empowering visitors to make informed decisions at the bar 🍻 Held at @mcr_central from 23-25 Jan, volunteers have organised demonstrations led by exciting brewers & cider makers. Read more 👉 ow.ly/dqyk50y1RLd pic.twitter.com/62wK93oKCj