Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
"Worts and Ale" Newsletter - publication temporarily suspended, sorry.
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
3 August: "Members' Area" - EHA 2021 AGM Agenda.
19 July: "News" - CHANGES COMING FROM 19 JULY AT YOUR PUB.
- "News": Four Marks Beer festival cancelled.
- "Members' Area" - Volunteering Opportunity – Regional Director.
See below for other "stop press" items, and keep an eye on "Branch Diary" for info on our next events.
* EHA Branch Social and new date for 2021 AGM *
As we emerge from Covid restrictions we hope to see people getting back together, enjoying real ale in its proper environment, the pub and pushing forward the campaigning aims of CAMRA.
1. Firstly, there will be a Branch Social at the Ten Tun Tap House, Market Square, Alton at noon on Saturday 21st August for two hours before the pub opens to the public. This should give people an opportunity to meet up, discuss informally what the branch does including the work of the Committee and the sort of activities we might run in the coming year, and last but by no means least enjoy Jason’s fine selection of cask ales.
The Ten Tun Tap House capacity is around 30 plus outside seating so it would be useful to let me know at ku.gro.armac.ahe@yraterces if you are intending to come.
2. The 2021 East Hants AGM will now be held at the Queen's Head, Holyborne, Alton on Saturday 18th September at 12 noon for 12.45.
As previously noted the Minutes of the 2020 AGM, and the Agenda for this AGM, are available under "Members' Area" on the EHA website - you will need to log in. (The Agenda may be updated from time to time - keep checking back.)
As in previous years there will be a buffet lunch for which we will be asking a modest donation and it is hoped to hold a raffle as an incentive to join in. Again, could people let me know by Friday 10th September if they are attending so we can advise catering requirements.
NOTE: Only East Hampshire Branch members will be allowed to vote on any resolutions/agenda items.
As also previously noted nominations are welcomed for any Committee posts: for the full list see https://www.eha.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=14329.
To obtain information on what is required for each post, and/or to register an interest, please contact Paul Hawley at:
On appointment each post can be given a special email address, so personal addresses need not be used.
We are particularly keen to hear from people with an interest in and knowledge of:
1. Local authority planning issues who would play a role fighting against applications to redevelop or otherwise degrade our valuable pub heritage.
2. Editing and production of magazines or newsletters either online or in paper form.
Finally, we understand there will be people who will not feel confident about meetings indoors for a while yet. Please do not let that hold you back from taking part in the work of the branch. There is much that can be done that does not require a physical presence at meetings.
Cheers, Tony Davis, East Hants CAMRA Secretary
** CHECK YOUR MEMBERSHIP DETAILS **
Since the Membership System upgrade recently, some people are in the wrong branch!
Everyone needs to log into their CAMRA Membership area and check what branch they are in - and contact CAMRA if incorrect.
At least one East Hampshire member is NO LONGER in East Hampshire according to the "Comms Tool".
This might just be a Comms Tool problem - we are investigating, but worth a check anyway.
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA and/or your local Branch, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do either of the above, go here... https://account.camra.org.uk/
Log in with your normal CAMRA userid/password.
Your membership details will be displayed - your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - select "Edit" and make changes as required.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (with voucher)
(You can see which pubs give discount in any area in Whatpub - look for the "luggage label" features tag.)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System (NBSS) to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 18:00 : Tomorrow we've got a brand new @gbbf at Your Local competition hitting our social media channels! 🎫🍻 For now, you can enter other comps on the festival website here 👉local.gbbf.org.uk/competition/ #GBBF #AtYourLocal pic.twitter.com/SN2KxbFSFr
- Wednesday, 10:36 : RT @marblebrewers: Copies of #ModernBritishBeer are due to land today with @totalcurtis, ahead of the launch of his brand new book. Written for @CAMRA_Official, #MBB will no doubt be a fantastic read and we’re excited that ‘We're in it!’ The big day? 🚀12/08/21 Pre order? 🟢 Right now. GO! pic.twitter.com/r68cMfhkqK
- Wednesday, 12:32 : 🚨MEDIA REQUEST🚨 The Scottish Daily Mail are looking to speak to owners of pubs in Scotland that have, until Monday, been unable to open due to capacity and the amount of customers needed indoors in order to break even. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested pic.twitter.com/nCFgxGr1NK
- Wednesday, 11:43 : In response to comments made by Deputy First Minister John Swinney MSP that ‘vertical drinking’ may not be allowed in pubs from 9 August, please find the below comment from CAMRA’s Scotland Director Joe Crawford. Read on our website: ow.ly/1dQL50FK5vu pic.twitter.com/Gf8TLjbJKF
- Tuesday, 18:00 : There's something exciting on the horizon... 👀 @feralfruits @ElusiveBrew @themaltmiller @BeerChannel 6/8/2021 pic.twitter.com/AK4Pgg34El