Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter? - please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
9 November: CBoB - voting closes 15 November - see "Members Area" for link.
2 November: "Local News" - Selbourne Arms now open all day Mon-Sat; & 2019 GBG pubs list.
27 October: "Chairman's Corner" - "What Ails Cask Ale? Part Two" article.
9 September: "Members' Area" - 2019 Members’ Weekend, AGM & Conference information.
30 August: "Locale" - updated pubs selling locally brewed ale.
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The George, Alton has reinstated the 10p/pint discount, AND now has "loyalty card" available giving you a free pint after you have bought 13!
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
The Golden Pot, Shalden was giving discount (20p off), but is now CLOSED.
Winchester pubs giving CAMRA Discount (from "Hop Press" - South Hants magazine) ...
Alfie's (10% off cask ale)
The Old Goalhouse (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The Wykeham Arms (10% off real ales 1530-1930 Sun-Thu)
The Bridge (Shawford) (10% off)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 18:00 : Who here has already started Christmas gift shopping? ✋ Why not get the perfect gift for the beer lover you know?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday, 15:28 : RT @bodser92: Can’t wait to get stuck in to this @jamesdowdeswell @CAMRA_Official 🍺🍺 pic.twitter.com/piaFKT90AN
- Saturday, 13:00 : Have you got your tickets for the @BBCGoodFoodShow yet? Join us at the CAMRA Great British Beer Experience, the N… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 15:12 : RT @CAMRABooks: Thanks for the seal of approval @russellhoward! Read some of James's legendary pub stories in #ThePubManifesto, out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:30 : Are you popping for to a beer festival this weekend? @BathCAMRA Winter Ales Festival and the 25th @wokingbeerfest b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…