Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter? - please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
31 October: "Branch Diary" - 2020 events schedule added, and EHA Branch meetings Schedule updated.
20 October : "News" - King's Head, Alton - CLOSED - roof problems.
01 October: "Members' Area" - Members’ Weekend, AGM & Conference 2020 - registration now open.
15 September: "News" - East Hampshire pubs in the 2020 GBG.
See below for other "stop press" items, and keep an eye on "Branch Diary" for info on our next events.
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The George, Alton (20p/pint off)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The discount offered by the Swan Hotel HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.
The King's Head, Alton now CLOSED.
(You can see which pubs give discount in any area in Whatpub - look for the "luggage label" features tag.)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System (NBSS) to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:36 : RT @FraserWhieldon: Great to see @savestapubs is going from strength to strength, making the latest edition of @CAMRA_Official's Beer publication! 🍺 pic.twitter.com/uELjBceGfr
- Monday, 12:50 : We have lots of great deals on CAMRA Books this festive season, to help you find the perfect gift for the beer & pub lover in your life! 🎁 Members can now get 'The Pub Manifesto' for only £8! Don't miss out - offer valid until 14 Nov! Shop our books 👉 ow.ly/Pwtc50x7zcH pic.twitter.com/vyBwZUcV6s
- Sunday, 11:00 : As winter’s chill descends and jack frost nips at your nose, why not warm yourself at the open fire of one of these cosy pubs? 🔥 Did you catch our list of 10 pubs with roaring fires to visit this winter, recommended by our members? Catch up now! ➡️ ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq
- Saturday, 12:00 : Join CAMRA at the @BBCGoodFoodShow at NEC Birmingham, 28th Nov – 1st Dec 2019! Sample Champion Bottled Beer finalists, join our tastings hosted by beer experts, and visit our stand for cracking CAMRA Christmas gifts! CAMRA members get 20% off admission: ow.ly/fmcE50x5KXD pic.twitter.com/h0PIdfEUSd
- Friday, 17:00 : We've revealed some cosy pubs with a roaring fire to visit to keep warm this winter! 🔥 From roasting chestnuts on an open fire to charming country inns and Tudor fireplaces, all are recommended by CAMRA members. List here! #LovePubsJoinCAMRA 👉 ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq pic.twitter.com/4MQw7krskM