Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter? - please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
See below for "stop press" items - other updates are...
4 April: ** Main menu on left - order of menu items changed **
9 March: "Local News" - different format.
3 March: "Members' Area" - EHA accounts available on request (free).
28 February: "Worts and Ale revisited" - W&A 33.
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
** Request for East Hampshire Cider "BLO" **
The East Hampshire committee need a replacement Brewery Liaison officer (BLO) for our local cider brewer - "Mr. Whitehead's" of Windmill Farm, Colemore, Alton GU34 3PY.
It is not too arduous - just keeping up to date with the latest at the brewery, and periodic updates for committee meetings and our magazine.
For full details of what is involved, please contact Paul Hawley - moc.tenretnitb@liarniffum .
* Cost of bus trips reduced *
Due to lack of support for our bus trips over the last few years, it was decided at our recent AGM to see if a reduction in cost would prompt more people to come along on our trips.
So our bus trip charge will be reduced to £5 (max) per head for a trial period.
Most trips are open to all (not just CAMRA members), so please come along for an evening (or Saturday afternoon) out with great beer,
See our schedule in "Branch Diary" for dates.
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The George, Alton (20p/pint off)
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
The Golden Pot, Shalden was giving discount (20p off), but is now CLOSED.
Winchester pubs giving CAMRA Discount (from "Hop Press" - South Hants magazine) ...
Alfie's (10% off cask ale)
The Old Goalhouse (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The Wykeham Arms (10% off real ales 1530-1930 Sun-Thu)
The Bridge (Shawford) (10% off)
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 16:59 : RT @elliehudspith: #beertwitter please get involved and share! We need personal stories from licensees about how business rates increa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 16:55 : Are you a pub licensee impacted by high business rates? 🚨 We are looking for licensees to share their business r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 12:43 : 🚨 New competition over on @CAMRABooks! 🚨 Check out the details below... 👇 twitter.com/CAMRABooks/sta…
- Tuesday, 12:30 : We are sharing a few great reasons to become a CAMRA member - did you see last week's? Here's #2 - with the wealth… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 10:26 : RT @thewonstonarms: Great to see a nice mention of our achievements in today's @theipaper as CAMRA National Pub of the Year… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…