Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
15 September: "Branch Diary" - advance info on our post-Christmas social for 2019.
9 September: "Members' Area" ...
- EHA Committee Meeting Minutes (August 2018);
- Members’ Weekend, AGM & Conference 2019 information.
- CBoB - voting now open.
- "Local Beer Festivals" (updated regularly) - Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Beer festival 5/6 October, Aldershot.
- "Local News" - Bakers Arms closed.
30 August: "Locale" - updated pubs selling locally brewed ale.
11 July: The George has reinstated the 10p/pint discount, and now has a "loyalty card" - see below.
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
NOTE: The George, Alton has reinstated the 10p/pint discount, AND now has "loyalty card" available giving you a free pint after you have bought 13!
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Golden Pot, Shalden (20p off)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
Winchester pubs giving CAMRA Discount (from "Hop Press" - South Hants magazine) ...
Alfie's (10% off cask ale)
The Old Goalhouse (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The Wykeham Arms (10% off real ales 1530-1930 Sun-Thu)
The Bridge (Shawford) (10% off)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter?
To advertise, please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 19:00 : Planning an event to celebrate #CiderMonth this October? Be sure to let us know so we can list it on our website! 🍏… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday, 12:30 : Happy Saturday - and day 3 of @caskaleweek! How are you celebrating this weekend? 🍻 caskaleweek.co.uk pic.twitter.com/nkWYdVRDvA
- Thursday, 22:13 : RT @FerryBrewery: We are delighted to be included in @CAMRA_Official Good Beer Guide 2019 as one of the tap bars that serve the best… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 09:25 : RT @caskaleweek: Day 2 of #caskaleweek and it's almost the weekend - how're you celebrating? #fridayfeeling pic.twitter.com/MmESQ1papN
- Thursday, 18:00 : Pub Aid, the working party raising awareness of the great job pubs do at the heart of their communities, wants to f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…