** Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website **
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
14 September: "Local Beer Festivals" - update to Four Marks Beer festival ticket availability.
13 September: "Worts and Ale revisited" - Issue 26.
8 September: "Branch Diary" - next event; and "Pub Clips".
1 September: "Local News" - CBOB voting now open (closes 31 October).
2 May: "Members' Area" - "Request from our Chairman" for suggestions regarding AGM motions.
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
** STOP PRESS **
The George, Alton has discontinued the discount to CAMRA members due to the "rising cost of Punch beers" with immediate effect (19 September).
New GBG App available
The new GBG App for Android phones is now available from the Google Play Store - it replaces the existing one, and the existing one will be discontinued when your current subscription ends.
You can convert at any time - your current subscription information and settings/favourites etc. will be moved across to the new version.
[Subscription costs are the same as the old version - free for basic version; £4.99 per year for the full version.]
* PLEASE score your beers *
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
** Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section **
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
The , Alton (20p off)
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Golden Pot, Shalden (20p off)
NOTE: The George, Alton has discontinued the discount due to the "rising cost of Punch beers".
NOTE: The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter?
To advertise, please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 20:35 : The annual @Ascot_Beer_Festival is back on October 6/7. Discover 240 real ales, ciders + perries, and Flat racing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday, 14:41 : RT @CAMRAWestLondon: '45 years in Good Beer Guide' presentation w/ Roger Protz @RogerProtzBeer @buckinghamarms #realale #londonpubs… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday, 14:59 : Do you own a pub in Oxford? If so get in touch with @BBCOxford to take part in their new afternoon radio programme "Pub Quiz"!
- Wednesday, 11:19 : Nominations are now open our #PubSavingAward! If you've saved your local from closure get in touch @PlunkettFoundat tinyurl.com/yda2tjv7
- Tuesday, 20:05 : Discover India Pale Ale with @RogerProtzBeer at a Tutored Beer Tasting @stalbansbf on Tues 26 Sept. Tix on the door: stalbansbeerfestival.org.uk