Welcome to CAMRA East Hampshire Branch's website
NOTE: The views expressed on this site are those of the individual contributors and are not necessarily the views of CAMRA East Hampshire or The Campaign for Real Ale.
Latest updates to our pages...
14 July: "Member's Area" - Committee meeting minutes 10 July 2018.
11 July: The George has reinstated the 10p/pint discount, and now has a "loyalty card" - see below.
17 July: "Local Beer Festivals" - Golden Pot and Eight Bells beer festivals.
22 June: "Branch Diary" - next bus trip (19 July) / next walkabout (16 August).
Also keep an eye on "Branch Diary/Forthcoming Socials" for info on our next meetings / trips out to visit our pubs.
Local pubs that give CAMRA discount
The following local pubs give you a discount on pints on production of your CAMRA membership card :-
NOTE: The George, Alton has reinstated the 10p/pint discount, AND now has "loyalty card" available giving you a free pint after you have bought 13!
The King's Head, Alton (10% off!)
The Golden Pot, Shalden (20p off)
The Ivy House (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The White Hart, Holybourne has discontinued the discount due to pressure of sales margins.
Winchester pubs giving CAMRA Discount (from "Hop Press" - South Hants magazine) ...
Alfie's (10% off cask ale)
The Old Goalhouse (Wetherspoons) (voucher)
The Wykeham Arms (10% off real ales 1530-1930 Sun-Thu)
The Bridge (Shawford) (10% off)
** PLEASE score your beers **
We use the National Beer Scoring System to "score" beers tasted, to enable us to narrow down prospective entries for the CAMRA Good Beer Guide (GBG) each year.
So, if you want your local to have a chance of getting into the GBG, PLEASE score your beers to help us - see "Beer Scoring" on the left.
* Please ensure your email addresses are correct in the CAMRA Member's section *
If you wish to be kept updated with latest news from CAMRA, please ensure you have the correct email address in your membership section of the CAMRA website.
To do this, go here... https://members.camra.org.uk/web/guest
Log on and ensure "Your Member Dashboard" is displayed in the box at the top...
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Edit your membership information"...
A new window will open, and your email address(es) are shown at the bottom - "Edit" accordingly.
NOTE: You can enter more than one address, but CAMRA will use only the top one for it's purposes (normally indicated by type "CAMRA").
For further information on our Branch, our pubs, and the area covered, click on "About us..." from the left-hand menu.
Want to Advertise in our "Worts and Ale" Newsletter?
To advertise, please see "Worts and Ale revisited" for contact details.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Wednesday, 20:35 : Join us tomorrow evening at 6.30pm for a Q&A session with Bob Steel, author of @CAMRABooks ‘Peak District Pub Walks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 12:10 : The deadline to apply for our Communications Assistant role is approaching fast... Make sure you apply by Friday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 10:21 : The @CAMRABooks team are hosting a Twitter Q&A with CAMRA's Peak District Pub Walks author Bob Steel tomorrow eveni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday, 09:07 : Get your copy of CAMRA's Essential Home Brewing by @tatamatu and Graham Wheeler here: shop.camra.org.uk/books/essentia… 📚🍺 twitter.com/beerinthesubur…
- Tuesday, 12:25 : RT @gbbf: Join us at #GBBF for plenty of 🍻, as well as 🌮 and 🎵 Don't miss the Tutored Tastings, pairing 🍺 and 🧀, and 🍺 and 🍫!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…